The Eli Monster formed in 2007 after Stephanie began sewing diapers for her little Monster, Eli. After months of searching popular brands for cute, edgy diapers while sewing her own for Eli, she discovered that other moms were in the same boat. So Stephanie began the long process of designing and redesigning a great fitting diaper that was both trim and well fitting for both skinny minis and buddha babies alike. Using her original pattern and skills learned in school (Southern Illinois University-go Salukis!) she began creating diapers that are both trend forward and practical.
Stephanie sent me a pocket diaper in black mod dots to try out!
Apparently someone didn't want his picture taken...
Here's what she says about the diapers: "My cloth diapers have a soft suedecloth interior that wicks moisture away from baby's skin, a waterproof PUL layer and an extremely cute print outer layer. Aplix (Velcro) closures or snap (shown in image) give my diapers almost unlimited flexibility in fit. Incredibly easy to use; these diapers can be called "daddy proof."
The Diaper comes with one 4 layer microfiber terry insert or one 4 layer bamboo fleece insert. I chose the Bamboo fleece insert since I don't have much bamboo and wanted to try it out. I think it absorbs quite a bit despite appearing to be rather thin, and I haven't had any problems with leaks!
The diaper fit my son pretty well, though seemed a little tight on the legs. If you have a chunky legged baby, I think it might be smart to get a size larger for this reason. The PUL also seems thicker than all the other diapers I have, so it is a bit stiffer, but that doesn't affect the performance at all. =) Overall, I like this diaper, and the patterns she has are just adorable!
Head over to The Eli Monster and check out all the great things she has for sale!
Or, you can win! Stephanie has generously offered one lucky reader a $20 gift code!
How to enter:
1. (mandatory) Go to The Eli Monster and tell me what you would spend your $20 on! (be specific)
2. Subscribe to my blog via email - on right sidebar, must be verified. Make sure you leave the email you subscribed with! (2 entries)
3. "Like" The Eli Monster or My Life as a Married Girl on Facebook (1 entry each)
4. Follow TheEliMonster or me on Twitter (1 entry each)
5. Follow my blog or the Eli Monster Blog (1 entry each)
6. Put my blog button on your site (1 entry)
7. Blog about the giveaway (2 entries)
8. Tweet about this giveaway. Be sure to include @theelimonster and @katrinawelch. (1 entry)
I will check all entries, and non valid entries will be deleted! Good Luck!
Giveaway is open to US residents over the age of 18.
Giveaway will end on Oct 2nd.
The Eli Monster provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.