Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions

Well, it's that time of the year again... When we all make resolutions that most of us break a week or a month later.

And I figure, why break tradition? Though this year I really need to get serious about making healthy changes.

My sister has been doing the paleo diet, and I can see the changes in her. She is a night shift nurse, and isn't even drinking coffee anymore when she used to drink several cups a day. And she looks great. (though she always has.) se also says he has never felt better.

So I know I may not be able to go completely paleo, partially because of the cost, but I am going to really try and cut out sugars grains and dairy. I figure my first goal will be to get through a week. Then I am sure I will notice a difference in how I feel, which will help motivate me to keep going.

I am also going to try and get myself out of the mentality of "oh, I failed... I had a cookie, might as well have 3..." and instead be like well, I had a cookie. Not the best choice, but I can keep making better choices. I don't want the little setbacks to turn into roadblocks.

I can do this! I need to do this! I will do this! 2012 is going to be the year I finally get healthy.

I am going to try and do a weekly post, like a weigh in Wednesday... Can't promise it will be every week, but I will try!

And so you know where I am starting, my current weight is: 243lbs

My goal is to get under 200. I will never be skinny, but when I weighed 190 I was happy. I felt great and felt good about myself.

So that's where I'm at for this year... What are your goals or resolutions?

No comments: