Blog Archive

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flip Flop Wines Review!


My husband and I aren't normally wine people. I'll have an occasional glass or buy a bottle here and there if something is cheap. But,I was recently given the opportunity to try Flip Flop Wines, and I have to say I am impressed!

According to their site, "With flipflop wines, we have embraced the movement toward individualistic expression, instead of manufacturing wines into some cookie-cutter style that’s all the rage. Our goal is to craft expressive, well-balanced wines that evoke just what the grapes inside intended, without being over-wrought or over-explained, and that can be enjoyed at any occasion."

I love that For every bottle of flipflop wine purchased, Soles4Souls
will distribute a pair of shoes to someone in need too! How great is that?!?

They sent me the Reisling, pinot grigio, and cabernet sauvignon. I have never been a big red wine person, so I didn't care much for the cabernet, but my husband liked it. I really liked the reisling, and the pinot grigio was pretty good too, even though I have never been big on the drier wines. I would defintiely buy them again!

I love that they are affordable too! They retail for only $7 a bottle, and I think they are worth it! I really love that they have a screw top too. I hate messing with corks, and I never finish a bottle of wine, so trying to put the cork back on is always a pain. (that, and if you lay it on it's side in the fridge it always ends up leaking through the hole from the corkscrew!) The screw tops make it that much quicker and easier to enjoy your wine!

Overall, I highly recommend Flip Flop Wines! I know I will definitely be buying it in the future!



No comments: