About AMP Diapers:
As a new mom in the 90's I tried cloth diapers more than once and failed each time. I wanted to use cloth but lacked the support and information I needed to be successful. I first successfully made the switch to cloth in 2003 when my oldest son was just a tiny newborn. I started out with hand me downs that a friend gave me, I had to repair these diapers on a regular basis because they'd been bleached, the fabric was falling apart and the edges against the baby's skin were stiff and seamed a little uncomfortable. I finally bought some new diapers from a department store, I thought this was the perfect solution and I was thrilled. The department store diapers were a disappointment they were not absorbent, they stuck to each other in the wash and didn't even fit right, so that's when I got sewing. I came up with many different models of diapers before I came up with some easy to use, easy to wash and comfortable diapers for my baby. Some friends urged me to make some for them and a company was born. The company grew so quickly it took us a few years for us to catch our breath and realize that we had made something wonderful, something that is better for our planet, for babies and saves parents a lot of money.
I call them Annie Marie Padorie's (which is what my grandfather used to call me). I'm so happy to be able to offer them to other cloth diapering families. I no longer sew all the diapers myself, I now have a wonderful team of men and women that work very hard at making the highest quality products possible. Every AMP diaper is made in our own factory right here in Canada our employees make a fair wage and work in comfortable and safe working conditions.
AMP sent me one of their AMP Duo Pocket Diapers to try out.
What's an AMP Duo diaper? It's a diaper with a double duty.
The most versatile cloth diaper available today. Use it as an AI2 (All in two) diaper during the day and just change the absorbing insert when wet or stuff it and use it as a pocket diaper to keep baby dry at night... or use it as a pocket diaper all the time.... These diapers have same amazing fit as the Original AMP AI2's but have the added versatility of a pocket opening for stuffing.
* The soft elastic gathers are incrdible at containing leaks while being oh so gentle on babys tender skin
* Four rows of snaps on each side allow seperate tummy and thigh adjustments, this means you get a custom fit on any baby.
* The super soft fleece keeps the absorbent insert where it belongs so there's no bunching, it also keeps baby dry if used as a pocket diaper.
* The durable waterproof breathable fabric is soft stretchy these diapers can be washed and dried over and over and still look and work like new.
* Since they are a two part system washing and drying is quick and easy.
* Choose your favorite absorbent inserts from cotton, AMP hemp inerts or AMP bamboo inserts*.
Available in two sizes that fit from birth to potty learning.
So, how did it perform? I loved it! It fit well, and I have yet to have a leak with it. I even put it on Jack overnight with no extra doublers, and it did great! I really like it. And I love all the colors they have! I definitely give this diaper 2 thumbs up. =)
Want to try them out yourself? Head over to AMP Diapers!
Or you can win! AMP Diapers has generously offered one of my readers the AMP duo pocket diaper like I recieved!
How to enter:
1. (Mandatory) Visit AMP Diapers and tell me what color pocket diaper you would get.
2. Follow my blog (1 entry)
3. Follow AMP Diapers or Me on Twitter (1 entry each)
5. "Like" AMP Diapers or My Life as a Married Girl on Facebook (1 entry each)
6. Subscribe via email to my blog (on right sidebar. Must be verified!) (2 entries)
7. Tweet about this giveaway. Make sure to mention @amp diapers and @katrinawelch (1 entry)
8. Blog about this giveaway. Make sure to link to AMP Diapers and this post. (valid for blogs with at least 25 followers, thanks!) (3 entries)
9. Put my blog button on your site (1 entry)
I will verify all entries, and non valid entries will be deleted! Good Luck!
Giveaway is open to US and Canadian Residents! Must be 18 or older to win.
Giveaway will end on Sept. 13th
Disclaimer: I received a free product in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions are my own and did not reflect the receipt of the free item.