I was a bit anxious to get my goodies in the mail and get started! But then of course they came and I put them aside because I was nervous! But I finally got over myself and pulled them out and started. And you know what? It was easy! They even sent me the super cute ooga booga snaps! And, they have BG color snaps, which makes it so great, because they match the diapers, which is good for the resell value too!
So anyways, on to the tutorial! I chose to do two rows of snaps, but you can do one. The tutorials are Here.
First I very carefully used a seam ripper to remove the aplix. Be careful not to go through the PUL
Then I took the tabs off. It is a lot easier if you cut off the part sticking off first.
I made myself a template. I have two rows of snaps on the front, all placed 1 inch apart, 10 snaps (sockets) per row. Then I did 2 snaps (studs) on each wing. You can really do them as close or as far apart as you'd like. As long as they fit!
Then I Poked holes in the paper with the awl and transferred the dots onto the diaper with a pencil.
Then I poked holes with the awl where all the dots were, and reaching up into the diaper through the pocket, I inserted the cap through the hole.
Then, put the socket over the prong, Place snap plier over the over the outer and inner layers of the diaper, making sure the cap is centered in the die, pressed firmly, and wa-la! Done!
Repeat with the rest of the snaps on the front of the diaper!
Next, Go through the same steps (template, mark, poke, press) for the tabs, but this time make sure the cap prong goes through the entire tab and use studs instead of sockets. (and use the ooga booga caps if you have them!
(note... I kinda messed this snap up... but it was the only one I had to re-do! Not too bad for the first time!)
That's it! Super easy!
I wish I had gotten the snap pliers a long time ago! I have used it to put snaps on bibs since Jack keeps pulling the velcro ones off, and I can think of tons of other things I could use it for!
How would you like to try a conversion for yourself? Or just get yourself some snap pliers or some snaps? KAMsnaps has generously offered a $25 Gift Certificate to their store!
Here's How to Enter:
1. (Mandatory) Visit KAMsnaps and tell me something you learned or what you would spend the $25 on?
2. Follow my blog or the KAMsnaps blog.
3. Follow KAMsnaps or Me on Twitter (1 entry each)
5. "Like" KAMsnaps or My Life as a Married Girl on Facebook (1 entry each)
6. Subscribe via email to my blog (on right sidebar. Must be verified!) (2 entries)
7. Tweet about this giveaway. Make sure to mention @KAMsnaps and @katrinawelch (1 entry)
8. Blog about this giveaway. Make sure to link to KAMsnaps and this post. (valid for blogs with at least 25 followers, thanks!) (3 entries)
9. Put my NEW blog button, Etsy button pr the event button on your site (1 entry each) (event button is available under the "yay for summer event" tab on top.
10. If you got the extra entries, be sure to add those too! (2 entries for the button and 3 for blogging, plus 1 for each person you referred who emailed me, or if you were referred.) Only good if you did those before the event and posted on the original post!
I will verify all entries, and non valid entries will be deleted! Good Luck!
Giveaway is open to US Residents! Must be 18 or older to win.
Giveaway will end on July 31st.
I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting.
I did receive a free product to keep for my testing purposes for this post. I was under no obligation to write a positive review. All thoughts are my own honest opinion.