A Little bit about how GAD came about...
I started making diapers for my oldest son when he was 10 months. They were not pretty, but they got the job done well enough that I knew with some better materials, they would really work. I got my first Purchase of microfleece, windpro and PUL and got an amazing amount of 13 diapers out of the PUL and Microfleece. These were not pretty either, but they worked! Then I bought a snap press and really started having fun. I loved the cloth diapers, but I hated the way the Velcro scratched his belly, made a diaper snake in the wash and snagged on everything. Once I had the press I started making diapers for friends and selling them too. I was very proud of these diapers, but now I look back and they were still ugly! lol. I made some MAJOR changes to the design with the help of my good friend Mandy. She is one of those great people who can be brutally honest and because of her wonderful constructive criticism GAD was born. Only a few minor changes have been made to the diaper since my web store opened back in May, 2004. The larges got smaller rear ends in January of 2005 (eliminating "Butt Flare") and the mediums & Smalls got smaller wings which gave them more leg room. We also added a new size in 2006, the medium long, it's just great for those tall skinny babies. I also had a baby in December of 2004, so 2005 was a busy year!
Shannon sent me the Medium Long Embroidered Pocket Diaper. It has a royal blue PUL outer, and a red fleece lining, with the "because I'm Awesome" embroidery.
I think this diaper is so cute! It fits Jack well, and we haven't had any problems with leaking.
The inserts are really nice too.
"Our inserts are special because they have a flap that puts 4 extra layers of thirsty hemp French Terry right where your baby needs it. If you have a boy the flap folds up in the front and for a girl it folds to the middle. Our inserts are sewn with an open design so they wash more thoroughly and dry much faster. The main body of the insert is 4 layers and the flap is 4 layers. So you get 8 layers of hemp fleece in the "wet zone". The microfiber inserts are sewn with the same design."
I really like this diaper! And I love the embroidery!
Want to check them out? Head over to Green Acre Designs and pick one up! You can use code mrsjuicebox15 for a 15% discount! Code will be good until July 31st. Ordering will also get you 5 extra entries!
OR you can win one! Shannon has graciously offered one of my readers a pocket diaper and insert!
How to enter:
1. (Mandatory) Visit Green Acre Designs and tell me what your favorite diaper is.
2. Follow my blog
3. Follow GADclothdiapers or Me on Twitter (1 entry each)
5. "Like" Green Acre Designs or My Life as a Married Girl on Facebook (1 entry each)
6. Subscribe via email to my blog (on right sidebar. Must be verified!) (2 entries)
7. Tweet about this giveaway. Make sure to mention @GADclothdiapers and @katrinawelch (1 entry)
8. Blog about this giveaway. Make sure to link to Green Acre Designs and this post. (valid for blogs with at least 25 followers, thanks!) (3 entries)
9. Put my NEW blog button, Etsy button pr the event button on your site (1 entry each) (event button is available under the "yay for summer event" tab on top.
10. If you got the extra entries, be sure to add those too! (2 entries for the button and 3 for blogging, plus 1 for each person you referred who emailed me, or if you were referred.) Only good if you did those before the event and posted on the original post!
11. Place an order at GAD between now and July 31st. (5 entries) Must provide me with an order number or email me a copy of the invoice.
I will verify all entries, and non valid entries will be deleted! Good Luck!
Giveaway is open to US Residents! Must be 18 or older to win.
Giveaway will end on July 31st.
I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting.
I did receive a free product to keep for my testing purposes for this post. I was under no obligation to write a positive review. All thoughts are my own honest opinion.