Blog Archive

Friday, February 19, 2010

Losing it!



Nothing like a bloggie competition to get you on the bandwagon. I've been procrastinating on losing weight for too long.... It's time to do something about it. I saw Jessie's post today, and thought it was a good idea, so I thought I would join.

It's a 10-week competition. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. I think at this point I'd be happy with any amount of weight loss. I am just so unmotivated. Though I have gone for 2 good walks this week!

Another reason for motivation? My little sister wants me to do a half marathon with her on July 4th. Yeah. A half marathon. me. 15 miles. I walked almost 2 miles a couple weeks ago, and was a little sore. 15 miles will definitely be a challenge! But It is to raise money and awareness for human trafficking in the US. So sad that it still happens. If you want more info, or want to donate at all, let me know!

So yeah. Here's to the next 10 weeks! and Here's to weight loss!

Pray for me... ;-)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good luck!!! You can do it!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are up to the challenge! Many blessing son the next 10 weeks!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Yes! You can definitely do it! Thanks for joining us!!

Jessica said...

I'm thinking of joining in on the Losing It challenge too. And I'm training for a half-marathon too! I would have never called myself a runner (still don't), but it's getting easier bit by bit.

Oh, and a bit of good news is a half-marathon is 13.1 miles--I don't need any more! :)

Christine Satterfield said...

You can do it. You can do it! You CAN do it!

I'm training for a 1/2 too so this is going to be fun! We can cheer each other on!

Jessie Weaver said...

I'm glad you linked up! Wow, a half marathon. I would be thrilled to be able to run half a mile. Maybe I should make that my goal!

Jessie