Blog Archive

Friday, December 5, 2008

ugh

Man, the "morning" sickness has been bad today. I have almost thrown up two or three times. I am really nauseous unless I keep something in my stomach.
I am hoping its true what Raelyn said... Being so sick means the baby's healthy. =)

As far as I can tell I am 7 weeks now. Which mean Baby Welch (someone help me come up with a cute nickname, please!) Is the size of a pencil eraser.
To quote Babyzone.com:
"Your baby-to-be has been busy this week. His brain is continuing to develop. The circulatory system becomes more complex as lungs begin to form. His face is taking shape with his eyes showing some pigmentation, visible ear holes, miniscule nostrils, and an indentation where his mouth will appear. His digestive system and stomach are starting to form. His arms and legs are growing, but his fingers and toes have not yet developed. This week, Baby is about the size of a pencil eraser!"

=) Happy Friday everyone. Unfortunately for me I work all weekend. bleh. I hope I feel better soon! Especially since half the people I work with don't know I am pregnant yet. (last time one of them said she knew I was pregnant at 6 weeks because my boobs got bigger and my hips got wider. huh? really? cause I didn't notice! Let's see how long it takes her to figure it out this time....)

7 comments:

Carole said...

We use cartoon names for all the womb babies in our family! The last baby was my sisters we called her Ming Ming from the Wonder Pets...lol Crazy i know

Sweetbabs said...

Sorry the "sickness" is so bad. On the cute baby nickname I am no help I called mine peanut till 20 weeks when we found out then we called her by her name. Hope you start feeling better although I am sure it is natural and healthy to feel like that. I have no tricks of the trade so to speak cause i never really suffered from the "sickness".

Newlywed Next Door said...

Sorry you're feeling so sick! That a bummer that since people at work don't know you can't even get sympathy yet. My friend calls her baby (who will be in few weeks) "the gremlin", because thats what it looked like/ sounded like in the sonagram. I don't know if that's a "cute" nickname. Lol.

Josh "Juice" Welch said...

I'm gonna call it gizmo. You know the cute one from gremlins.... Thanks NND

Unknown said...

Oh, shame, the nausea must be awful! I am so broody and am also curious as to what being pregnant will be like as I've never been pregnant before, so I'm loving your daily account of how it's going!

Anonymous said...

With my first pregnancy I was sick from week 7 to 17 and lost 17lbs. It was pretty tough but she was healthy. With my 3rd pregnancy, 2nd baby. I was sick one time and she too was healthy.
Praying for a healthy baby for your.
I like sweet pea!

Erin said...

I like "Baby Juice Box" or BJB for short! *Laugh*

-E