Blog Archive

Sunday, October 5, 2008

a welcome surprise!

Today was a full day. We got up this morning and went to breakfast with my grandma, which is always nice. =)
After that we came home to clean and pick up stuff, and hung out for a bit, then took the dog to the park. While we were there, a woman from freecycle called me, who I had emailed about a full size bed she had. She still had it, so we went over there to pick it up. It is old, and ugly, but still firm and comfy. So we got that home, cleaned up the guest room and pulled the futon out and put the bed in, then went to walmart for sheets and ended up with a mattress pad and a bed in a bag. It is a cute set, and so we got home and josh put some food in the oven while I put the bed together.
Then we heard someone outside, and I went out to investigate, and It was a couple of women doing a public health survey. I answered some questions, and we were chosen to do an interview (she said very few actually get chosen) and it took about an hour for both of us to do it, and they paid us $30 each! I had gotten something in the mail about it a few weeks ago, so I was kinda expecting it, but I didn't know about getting paid, so that was a nice surprise!
Now we are watching The Amazing Race. I love this show!

2 comments:

Dianna said...

What a day full of surprises!

I was so excited when we got a guest bed. I made me feel weird to make guests stay in a hotel.

Kelli said...

What a great Sunday you had! I've heard wonderful things about freecycle.
~Kelli
P.s. Thank you for sharing your favorite teas with me!