Blog Archive

Monday, September 1, 2008

It's coming up! Please support me!

I don't ask a lot of my friends as far as fund raising goes, but as a family who has dealt with leukemia, It is a cause that is close to my heart. Sept. 20th is the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk.
I am walking to Honor my mom, Vicki, who beat leukemia, and my cousin Nikki, who is battling it. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) funds lifesaving cancer research that has contributed to major advances in the treatment of blood cancers and many other types of cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy and stem cell transplants, that have helped patients live better, longer lives. New targeted therapies that kill cancer cells without harming normal tissue are providing drugs and procedures that are improving the quality of life.

But more research is critically needed:

* Every five minutes someone is diagnosed with blood cancer. Every 10 minutes, someone dies.
* Leukemia causes more deaths among children than any other cancer.
* Nearly 20,000 Americans died from lymphoma in 2007.
* The survival rate for myeloma is just 34 percent.

Please make a donation to support my participation in the Light The Night Walk and help save lives. Be sure to check my Web site frequently to see my progress, and thanks for your support!

To Donate, CLICK HERE,

2 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

This is such a good cause! Our summer swim team did a swim-a-thon last month for the L&L society and raised more than $7,000! Good luck reaching your goal.

stephanie said...

Ooh! I am doing this event in Phoenix next month. My uncle died of leukemia and my favorite yoga instructor has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I don't even know how to fundraise.