Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just got home from the hospital...

And she came through the surgery fine. She is still in recovery, and should be awake soon.
The doctor said that the cancer has probably been in her body for 5 years. They didn't say anything about whether they got it all out or what, but we do know they removed the breast and the lymph node. They know it is in her lungs too. We don't know what the future will hold, but for now, she is through the surgery.
My mom will stay for the rest of the week, and go home Sunday.

Please keep my Nanny (Pat) in your prayers. Pray she heals well, and that they were able to get all of the breast cancer/lymph nodes out, and that the cancer in her lungs can be taken care of with the drugs, and that it wont spread any more.

Thanks for your prayers for today!

p.s. Oh yeah! and I got a packet in the mail today... I officially have medical insurance now! CVS offers Aetna Insurance for people who are still in their 90 day waiting period for "regular" benefits. So I signed up! It is $80 a month for just me, with life insurance for both of us. Not super cheap, but at least now I don't need to worry about the possibility of getting pregnant and I can go get my thyroid checked. =)

4 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Keep on praying...

**Melissa** said...

I'm so glad she had a pretty good surgery! I will be praying for her so her cancer doesn't get worse (and for her to just get better!)

Take good care of her :-)

ChristyLove said...

Yay!! One big road block down. How's she feeling? Pretty whupped, I bet. Massive Surgery could knock the crap out of anyone.

Sandra said...

Just sent up prayers for her :)