Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My first day on the job...

well, my first day on the job went well! They finally got my drug test results in this morning, which cleared me to start working! So I worked at the airport from 8-12 this morning, then headed home for a quick lunch, and let the dog out, then off to CVS! I get there at 12:30, fill out some paperwork, and get to work!
It went really well... I like the people I work with, and how crazy is this... The pharmacist actually grew up in the same tiny town in California that I did! (Manteca) and for all you manteca people... His family owned the old movie theater that was burned down during the showing of the towering inferno... The one that is now Kelly Brothers Brewey. Just found that interesting
Anyways, back to work. I was able to pick up on the registers and finding prescriptions and the basic front stuff. The insurance and entering Rx's and stuff is going to take a little longer to learn. I was able to start putting away and finding drugs towards the end of my shift. (I need to start studying the drug names...) So that was cool. I can't actually do any counting or sorting until I get my license from the State. Should be 2-4 weeks, hopefully the sooner!
I got off at 8:45 and now I am sitting here nursing my super hurting feet. I am so not used to being on my feet all day. I used to be...
Anyone know of any good supportive not too expensive shoes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! Sounds like fun. I have always like my New Balance gym shoes.

ChristyLove said...

Nike usually will outfit your foot for you. It can be expensive (like, around $200) but I'm hard on shoes and I've still had mine for six years. They didn't start looking bad until about a year ago, and I use them for everything. I knew you'd be awesome at your job. You're all technical. And stuff. Yay for great first day!

stephanie said...

Get thee some Clarks. They are kind of pricey, but really worth it. They are cute, and they last forever, and they are like walking on air. Also, try Sofft.

heidi @ ggip said...

I'm glad you were able to start. I hope you like your job. CVS is my favorite store. :)