Blog Archive

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Peanut butter banana muffins with a twist!

I have been struggling with getting my 2 1/2 year old to eat much of anything. He eats a lot of fruit, but doesn't like any veggies, and he is going through a bit of a picky phase. So I wanted to find something I could make that would encompass most of the food groups and be healthy and tasty for him. So I took a recipe from Deceptively delicious, and tweaked it a bit to my liking. They came out so good that Jack is constantly asking for more!

Peanut butter banana muffins

3 med bananas mashed
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup carrot puree
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour (i used white because it's what I had, but you could use whole wheat)
1/2 cup almond flour (optional... if you leave it out, add 1/2 c. more of regular flour)
1/4 cup flaxseed meal (optional)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking owder
1 tsp salt

mix together bananas, peanut butter, carrot, eggs and brown sugar. mix dry ingredients separately then add to wet, stirring until combined.
grease 2 muffin tins or use paper liners and fill 3/4 full.
bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins until lightly browned and toothpick inserted comes out clean.

makes 24 muffins







No comments: