Blog Archive

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Two!

I can't believe that it has been two years since Jack was born! Some days I can't remember what life was like without him, and some days it seems like it was just yesterday.

Jack is such a great kid. I know I sometimes complain that he is acting like a typical two year old, and sometimes he does. But overall he is such a sweet little boy. He loves to give hugs and cuddles with me a lot more than he used to. He is just generally happy. He loves to go anywhere whether its the store, a walk or play group.

It seems like he hit two years old (on the 21st) and he just all of a sudden started putting words together. It is so cute to hear and see him thinking about what to say. He will see my car and say "mommy car," or will ask for "more juice." He gets so funny if you ask him to say more than one or two words together. He mixes them up so bad. Even if they are words he can say normally. I will have to video it sometime. It is just cute!

He is such a great big brother to Ellie too. He will get stuff for me if I ask him to, he tries to give her her sucker (pacifier) even though she will never take it, he will sit and talk to her, and loves to give her kisses. She adores him too. I am loving the dynamic I am seeing between them, and can't wait to see what the future holds for their relationship.

His latest favorite show is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It is such a cute little show! I had never seen it before, but we had a gift card to best buy for his birthday and we got him one. He asks to watch it all the time. He still loves Curious George though!

He is getting a lot better at eating too. There are days when he doesn't want to eat much, but he is eating more things than he used to, and some things that he wouldn't eat before. He loves any fruit, cheese, eggs, raisins, pizza, hamburgers and yogurt. And of course cookies. He will do just about anything for a cookie! hehe.

He loves to be outside. He loves to play baseball (we are hoping for a future Cubs player!) and is actually pretty good for a 2 year old! He loves to swim and is getting more adventurous in the water. (we got a little 10' pool that he can stand in and the water is at his neck.) He even put his face in the other day!

I am so blessed to have been chosen to be Jack's mommy, and I love him more and more every day! I am so excited to see what the future holds!









No comments: