Blog Archive

Monday, July 25, 2011

Raspberry Jalapeno jam/Sauce!

When I had my pampered chef party, I was able to get a bottle of their raspberry habanero sauce for free and I fell in love! It was so good over cream cheese with some crackers.

So, the other day I was thinking... I have some jalapenos.... why don't I get some raspberries and try making a sauce like theirs. So, I scoured the internet looking for a recipe, and found one or two that were similar to what I wanted, but not quite there. So, I tweaked them a bit and made my own!

My sauce had so many rave reviews at the baby shower I threw Sunday, and I had so many requests for the recipe, that I decided to go ahead and post it! So, here ya go!

Raspberry Jalapeno Jam/sauce
makes approx 2 pints

Ingredients:
2 pints raspberries
4 large jalapenos (mine were quite large)
1 cup apple cider vinegar
3 cups sugar
3 tbs pectin (if you want it to be more like a jam. For a thinner sauce, leave this out)

Directions:
Dice jalapenos, removing the seeds and ribs from half of them. (leave the other half in to make it spicy. If you want a mild sauce, feel free to increase the number of jalapenos you seed.) Don't worry about them being too small, you really are just getting the flavor out of them.
put all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
put into a blender and pulse several times on low to fully break up the raspberries.
put through a strainer to remove seeds and jalapeno pulp. (if you used pectin, you want to do this a little quickly as it starts to gel as it cools)
put in jars and refrigerate! Will keep for at least 6 weeks in the fridge.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jessica H said...

Going to try your recipe! Love the Pampered Chef Raspberry Habanero Sauce. Won't last long enough through the holidays, though! Thanks for posting!!