Blog Archive

Sunday, May 1, 2011

updates - random style

Because I lack the brain power at the moment to create a coherent post, I decided to do a random post of updates...


*I have been terrible at blogging lately. But I am sure that is no news to you! Between a talkative needy toddler, a baby who hates being put down, and family visiting, blogging has just been the last thing on my mind!

*Jack's appointment with the surgeon went fine. They will call me hopefully by the end of the week to schedule his surgeries (or at least one.) For those who missed the previous post, Jack has congenital Trigger finger in both thumbs and is having surgery to fix it. It is a relatively quick and simple procedure, but because of his age they are putting him under anesthesia. Always a nerve wracking situation...

*Ellie is still a tiny peanut. Last week she was up to 6lb 8.5oz after being 6lb6oz the week before. (she was 6'11 at birth.) I can't believe she is already 5 weeks old! She is still nursing a ton, and is starting to have longer wakeful periods and sleeping longer periods during the day. She still prefers being held over anything, but is getting a little better with car rides. Still working on getting her to stay in the swing or bouncer for longer than 5 or 10 minutes. It really makes it hard to get things done. (she is sleeping in my lap as I am typing this. haha)

*Jack is getting so big! He is 21 months old now, and about 27 pounds. He is learning new things every day. He is constantly chatting. He isn't putting phrases together yet, but will repeat words over and over. and over. and over. It can get quite challenging sometimes not to just tell him to be quiet (though even when I do, he doesn't listen!) He loves playing baseball, and has quite the little swing. We got him a t-ball set and he absolutely loves it. We also got a swingset on freecycle, and he is having fun playing with that too. He is still taking a nap around 12:30 for anywhere from 1-3 hours. with the exception of a day here and there where he will just sit in his crib and talk for 2 hours. (like today.) We are putting up the twin bed in his room today, and will start transitioning him in the next few months. We will probably also start potty training this summer.

*I am finally feeling somewhat settled in this house. We still have a garage full of boxes that need to be gone through, but most of those are garage sale stuff. I can't wait to plant my garden (which, here, you can't really plant until end of may or else it will freeze!) We have so much we want to do in the back yard and front yard, but it will probably have to wait until we get our tax return next year. haha.

*I really need to start eating good and working out. I have been doing pretty good with my eating, aside from all the easter candy (my favorite!) I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I only gained 16 lbs. I really need to lose at least 50 pounds. my goal is 65 pounds. I think that the breastfeeding has helped me lose the stuff I have, and hope that it continues to help! I will probably start doing a weekly weight in, so if anyone is interested in joining me, let me know and I can create a button or something and we can do a linky.

*I got a Kitchenaid mixer today! My Mother-in-law paid for most of it as a birthday/housewarming gift. I am so excited! I love to bake, and now I have a fun mixer to help me! I have wanted one for so long! And if you were wondering, I got the red one!

Well, I think that is all the updates I can think of for now! Hope you all have a great week!


No comments: