Blog Archive

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Teething, praises and growing old.

Wow, I haven't posted a real post in a while, huh? I guess I have just been pre-occupied.

Jack has been teething pretty bad this week. He is really fussy and clingy. Last night I slept in the guest room bed with him because he would not let me put him down. (totally not normal) He has been not napping well, not sleeping well, and for the most part just not happy doing anything. This has made for a very exhausted mama. Hopefully his teeth will cut soon! It looks like his bottom two front teeth are coming up... yeah... 2 teeth at once... and we wonder why he is not a happy camper!

we are still scraping by financially. Yesterday morning I was balancing my checkbook (yes, mom, I finally started writing everything down!) and realized I forgot to write down an automatic payment that had come out. We would have overdrawn within a few days because another automatic payment was coming out... I was upset... it was one more fee we didn't need... so, I was thinking I should re-list all the things we have listed on Craigslist. Within an hour of re-listing everything, I had an offer on the most expensive thing (a 4 wheeled kick scooter we've been trying to sell for about a year!) and I took it to their house yesterday and was able to put enough money in the bank to cover what we needed, and put gas in the car! Praise God!

Then, yesterday afternoon, got an email from one of our pastors that they were going to cover our gas bill this month. (I had expressed concern over not being able to pay it...) Such an answered prayer! Now we can get on the program where they average your payment over the year, making our monthly payment only $32!!! Much better than around $100 like it has been! Praise God!

I also got my notice for my unemployment hearing. It is a phone hearing scheduled for Monday at 11am. If you think about it around that time, please pray! It would make things a million times easier if I am able to get unemployment.

I also have Jury duty on Tuesday. I am praying I get released early, and if not, I will have to request to be let go because it would cause financial difficulty for me to stay... We can't afford to pay a babysitter for Jack.

Don't forget to check the spring fling giveaway on Monday! I will be giving away a cute infant headband from my Etsy Shop! I will also be offering a discount for anyone who orders! If you would like to order anything, I will start the discount early for my followers! Just send me a message with the item you are interested in, and I will take 10% off the purchase price!

In other news, I am going to be 27 in a week and a half! (Mar.22) So crazy. I don't feel 27.... At times I am still amazed that I am married, let alone that I am a mom! I am going to be 30 in 3 years! I know I am still "young," and I still feel it, but at the same time It seems like the past 5 years have just flown by!

Well, better get going. I have a (free) appointment with a chiropractor. He had advertised on Craigslist offering a free adjustment during certain times, as a way to give back to the community (I have noticed a few of these ads lately!) I am so excited! I have been desperately needing an adjustment, but haven't been able to afford it! Praise God!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19


No comments: