Blog Archive

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Q&A

OK a while ago Katrina blogged about asking questions and she'd answer them in a couple of days here and seeing that she's 1) asleep right now and 2) is a little forgetful at times I figured I'd step in and hi-jack her blog and answer the lone question that was asked. Which was:

"What is your best memory of when you and your husband were dating?" -Mrs. Newlywed Giggles

Such an easy and yet complicated question.....

I can't narrow it down to just one experience! For me there are so many great memories that I look back on that I wouldn't trade for the world! But here are a few of my favorite memories...

First there's our fishing outings. For a while after Katrina moved to Tennessee she wasn't working while I was working for eight hours a day and then going to school at night. So on occasion Katrina would stop by after work and before school and we would go fishing. Sometimes she'd bring me food too! I know it sounds weird but I liked that she liked to fish. I liked knowing that we could be out on a creek bed just taking in the sounds and enjoying each others company.

Second it's how scared she would get during a big storm, and what people out here (on the west coast) would call the end of the world storm. I remember getting out of a movie and walking to the truck and the storm warning horns started going off. I have never seen her move that fast to my old run down S-10! All the way home she was scanning the horizon looking for funnels (at 10:00 at night). The longer she lived there the more comfortable she got but it was cute for me to watch her the first couple storms.

Third is getting 'caught' by the police. When Katrina first moved to Tennessee she didn't have a job. So she lived with me and my parents and brother and sister for the first year and a half. Needless to say having 'alone' time was hard to come by. So we milked our date nights for all they were worth. Spending a longer time at dinner parking farther away from the entrance of the movie theater... Anything that would extend our time together. So one night as our date was coming to an end. I asked Katrina if she felt like making out, and after some heavy coaxing I (this will show you how reneck I am...) pulled in behind the local dirt race track and turned off the car. After about 10 minutes a really bright light penetrated our windshield and there was a tap on the window. Luckily we looked our age and were told to drive away.

Lastly and my favorite was our fist kiss. Again we didn't get a lot of free time together. So on her first trip out to visit me Katrina and I volunteered to go to Wal mart and pick up some things, I wanna say it was for chicken wings.... Any way as I was driving out of the parking lot I pulled back into a parking spot and put the car in park. I looked at Katrina and asked her if I could kiss her. By the time I had finished my sentence her head was half the distance to mine! Luckily I'm a quick thinking guy, so I shut up met her the rest of the way and the rest is history!

Again I love all of our memories and am fond of the ones we've made as a married couple. I also look forward to what is in store for us as we've begun on this crazy journey of parenthood. So, Mrs. Newlywed Giggles, I hope that answered you question from my end. =)

Goodnight and until next time.

*updated* (Katrina Speaking) I think I have to agree... those are some of my favorite memories too. =)

1 comment:

Kenya said...

Wonderful post!!!!!

You put a smile on my face so I can only imagine the big smiles you BOTH have on your face when writing/reading this post.

So precious....