Blog Archive

Thursday, January 21, 2010

6 months old!

My baby is half a year old today... I can't believe it!

I honestly Can't imagine my life without him. He is such a sweet baby! I am blessed, for sure. Now I have 2 amazing guys in my life, and I honestly couldn't ask for more. =)

Jack is growing so much! I am guessing he is around 17 1/2 pounds now. Right on track for his age.

He loves his feet! They are his favorite thing to play with! =) Anytime you lay him down on the floor, the first thing he does is grab his feet.

He is almost sitting on his own. If you sit him right, he can stay sitting for a couple minutes before topping over. He loves eating "solid" foods. He has eaten everything we've given him (squash, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, peaches and bananas.)
We Got a mesh teether bag a while back from someone, and I pulled it out for him today. I gave him apple pieces, and banana. He Loved the banana! It was cute watching him chew away! Here is a video:


He also loves the cat. He cracks up everytime he sees her walking around...It is so funny! She will come lay by him, and he will just pet her and grab her fur. (luckily she doesn't care) Here is another video:


We've begin trying to teach him to fall asleep on his own again. Monday I tried with his first nap, and he cried for about 30 minutes before falling asleep and sleeping for 20 minutes. Today I tried again (was at an appointment yesterday) His first nap, He fell asleep while I was holding him, so I went to put him in his crib. Of course, the minute I put him down he started crying. So I put on his mobile and left the room. He cried for an hour before I finally went in and got him. (healthy sleep habits, happy child suggests 1 hour for naps)
So a little while ago, I decided to try again. He was clearly tired. But I tried putting him on his stomach this time. He doesn't like being on his stomach, so I never thought he would like to sleep on his stomach. He fussed for about 6 minutes, but within 8 minutes of being put down, he was out! Then the next nap, he was out within 6 minutes, woke up after half an hour, but then fell back asleep within minutes. I am definitely going to be putting him to sleep on his stomach from now on! It's like the magic trick I didn't know about! =)

I look back over the past 6 months, and it hasn't always been easy, but I wouldn't change it for the world!
Here are a few pictures from yesterday and today:





No comments: