Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So much for NaBloPoMo

I'm not so good about blogging every day... haha. Oh well, At least I have been writing a little more than I was before. =)
Things have been going alright here. Josh has been sick for a few days, and I think it may be the flu (he missed 2 days of work, and just went back today, even though he still felt like crap) and now I am having major drainage and crap in my chest. I am hoping it passes quickly, and I don't have to miss any work. Luckily I had today off. Just hope I don't wake up with it worse, like Josh did.

Jack had his 4 month checkup and shots today. He is 15.1lbs and 24 inches. He is in the 8th percentile for height (though I think he might be a little more than 24, because when we measured him last month he was at 24...) and the 56th percentile for height. Everyone is always saying what a big baby he is, and that he's so chunky, but he's really not that chubby. His "welch" cheeks betray his true size. ;-) He did good through his shots, and barely fussed, then didn't stop talking for like the next 2 hours, except to eat.

He is definitely becoming a little chatterbox. Here is a video of him talking to his toy giraffe. He loves that thing!


In other news, I am officially starting a diet today. I know I know... a week before thanksgiving? what? I plan on splurging for thanksgiving, but I wanted to start now, because I could use the excuse of waiting until after the holidays, and then I would never start.
So I am doing a low carb diet. It is one that has worked for me in the past... and I will just have a very small amount of whole grains, etc. But try and eat more protein and veggies, which is what I need.
I also am going to try and get some excercise. It is had with it getting dark so early, but I did 30 minutes on the wii fit today, and unlocked a "free step" where I can do steps with the board while watching tv. The sound on the wii remote helps me keep time. I did 20 minutes of that today, and I like it! My goal is to do at least 30 minutes of wii fit on my days off, and if I can, do some on the days I work too.

Well, I am going to go get dinner ready. Chicken and steamed veggies!

Don't forget to check out the giveaway in the post below this one! =)

No comments: