Blog Archive

Friday, May 2, 2014

Paleo Chocolate Chip cookies

I wanted to make paleo chocolate chip cookies today, so I adapted a recipe I had and kind of created my own. They came out so good! So, I had to write it down to share! (and remember!)

Paleo Chocolate Chip cookies

1/4 c palm shortening
1 egg
1/4 c. coconut sugar
2 1/2 tbsp. Maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp. canned coconut milk (can leave out, but reduce coconut flour to 2 tbsp)
1 1/4 c blanched fine ground almond flour
1/4 c tapioca flour
2 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c. dark chocolate chunks (I used enjoy life mini chocolate chips)
  (you can add more as desired. I don't care for a lot of chocolate chips)

preheat oven to 350 degrees
Put shortening and egg in food processor and process until combined.
Add coconut sugar, syrup, vanilla and coconut milk and process until combined
add flours, baking soda, and salt and process again until well combined. scrape down sides if necessary
stir in chocolate chips
Place on parchment lined baking sheet in tablespoon size balls and press down to flatten.
Bake for 10 mins until edges are lightly browned.
cool and enjoy!



No comments: